What Are The World Beer Awards?
The World Beer Awards are the global awards selecting the very best internationally
recognised beer styles. This annual tasting selects, awards and promotes the 'World's Best
Beers' to consumers and the trade throughout the world. Beers must be generally available and
for sale in bottles or cans.
Judging is blind with regional style heats held in Asia, Europe and the Americas. All regions have their
own Chairman and group of judges who select the style winners in their region. Style winners from all
regions are then tasted against each other to select the World's Best Style. From these world winners
we can then select the World's Best categories, from which the World's Best Beer is selected.
Who Should Enter The World Beer Awards?
Brewers, agents, importers, wholesalers and retailers for any beer or brewery anywhere in the world.
What Are The Categories And Styles?
The eight categories are based upon the common beer groupings and within each category we have
grouped the beers by 'style', rather than origin. Some styles are, by definition, regional or national.
There is a detailed structure of the Awards on page 2 which explains how a beer progresses through
the different heats. All you need do is choose the style you wish to enter. For a detailed definition of
each style please click here
New for 2013
For 2013 the World Beer Awards is introducing a new level of award winner. In each style, your beer will now also have the chance to win a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal.
Boxed set: the World Beer Awards is delighted to launch a series of boxed sets featuring winners from the 2013 award. Each pack will include 12 different beers and will be available exclusively from Beers of Europe.
Enter your beers
Click here to enter your beers for 2013.
Click here to see all the winners from 2007 to 2012.
Entry Fees 2013
Rules of entry
- Each beer must be commercially available from 1st March 2013.
- The World Beer Awards reserves the right to place beers in the correct style.
- Should insufficient entries be received in to a particular style, the World Beer Awards reserves the right to place that entry in to the next most relevant style.
- Entries must be made on the official entry form, and must be submitted by the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered. They should be accompanied by the relevant entry fee, and should include the following information:
- a. beer name.
- b. name of the brewery from which the beer originates.
- c. alcoholic content (ABV).
- d. Category and Style (see page 2 for example).
- e. Tick box to enter your beer into the World’s Best Label award.
- Each entry must consist of 12 bottles or cans.
- A beer may enter more than one category (e.g. a Style category plus Speciality or Flavoured).
Terms & Conditions
- All entry forms and products must be sent by prepaid post and be received by the closing date listed.
- Entries are only accepted on a completed entry form with the appropriate entry fee.
- Any entry form which arrives incomplete, late or illegible and any product which is late or damaged may be deemed invalid.
- If an entry is withdrawn by the due date or disqualified, the entry fee will be returned subject to an administration charge of 50% of the entry fee. Products will be retained by the Organiser.
- Entrants are responsible for any customs or other costs incurred on shipping their entry to the delivery address. Should the Organiser incur any costs from excise duties or any other costs these shall be reimbursed in full by the entrant.
- The judges’ decision on all matters is final.
- The Organisers may, at their discretion, refuse to accept an entry.
- The Organisers may alter the closing date for the awards, place an entry in the most appropriate style, rule that an entry may not compete or is ineligible to compete, or alter the date, time or place on or at which the awards are scheduled to take place.
- The Chairman of Judges has the power to disqualify any entry not deemed as meeting the entry criteria.
31st May 2013
Stage 1 & 2 Judging
Stage 3 & 4 Judging
27th September 2013